This extremely rare antique Drew & Sons of Piccadilly Circus, London Ladies Travel Dressing Suitcase with assorted accessories including hallmarked sterling silver items is an incredible find and dates to between 1887 and the mid 1920's. The velvet-blue colour silk lined leather suitcase was designed as an all in one travel case that a lady of the time would need on her travels. The suitcase measures 46cm long x 35cm wide x 17cm high.
The contents in the suitcase include:
- A large hallmarked sterling silver handle shoe horn
- A large hallmarked sterling silver handle shoe button hook
- A writing folder with an ink blot pad as well as an antique ivory letter opener and ivory handled scribe
- A jewellery box
- A trinket box
- A calling card holder with three original Vera V Simpson cards still in it
- An address book
- A vanity set with hallmarked sterling silver handles nail file, tweezers, Shoe button puller and a cork screw
- A quill pen holder
- A leather clad ink bottle
- A leather clad matches box with a metal strike pad
- A crystal jar - no lid
- 2x crystal scent bottles - no lids
- A small crystal jar with a hallmarked sterling silver lid - engraved Vera
- A large crystal gar with a hallmarked sterling silver lid - engraved Vera
The hallmarks on the various items date the items to 1916 and 1917 and were manufactured by various London Silversmiths.
There is age and usage related wear and tear, especially to the silk lining, but the suitcase is in remarkably well kept, as are the various items. Please view the pics carefully to fully appreciate this amazing antique Ladies dressing case and to confirm the condition. The pics show everything that is included in the dressing case.