• Tungsten-carbide, diamond and ceramic.
• Simple, effective and easy to use.
1. Position and hold the sharpener close to the edge of the counter or work-surface.
2. Select the middle aperture with tungsten carbide for restoring chipped or damaged blades as it sharpens very aggressively. Select the left aperture with crossed diamond rods for fast sharpening of blunt knives. Select the aperture with crossed white ceramic rods for fine honing, or deburring after tungsten or diamond usage.
3. Hold the knife with one hand, and the sharpener by the handle in the other hand.
4. Initially select the pre-set carbides, or diamond crossed rods, hold the knife in the vertical position and draw the blade in a steady motion from the heel to the tip of the blade, just normally around 3 to 5 times.
5. Repeat this operation approximately 5 to 10 times on the opposite ceramic aperture, to hone or remove any burrs as created by the tungsten-carbide or diamond.
6. Sharpen the knife in one direction, pulling it vertically from heel to tip towards you, then lifting the knife and repeating this operation in the same direction. DO NOT pull and push the blade in different directions.
7. If the White ceramics become visibly dirty and impregnated with metal, clean them with a brush or cloth using soap or a detergent.
This item is sold brand new. It is ordered on demand from our supplier and is usually dispatched within a few days.